CLAT 2023 Latest Updates
CLAT 2023 Registration is now open from Aug 8 to Nov 13, 2022. The Consortium of National Law Universities has updated the website for CLAT 2023 Exam. Candidates who will be appearing for the exam can submit a form by entering details like name, email address and mobile number on the official website- consortiumofnlus.ac.in/clat 2023 in order to receive latest updates regarding CLAT 2023.
CLAT 2023: The Consortium of National Law Universities has started CLAT 2023 Registration on August 8, 2022. CLAT 2023 exam date is Dec 18, 2022.
It is for the first time that the 2022 and 2023 examinations are to be held in the same year. Candidates qualifying minimum eligibility criteria can fill CLAT 2023 Application Forms till November 13, 2022.
- CNLU has released the syllabus for CLAT 2023 along with official notification. CLAT 2023 Syllabus is divided into Legal Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, English Language, Quantitative Techniques, and Current Affairs.
- CLAT 2023 aspirants can also download subject or year CLAT Question Papers to get a better understanding of the syllabus and pattern of exam.
- As per CLAT 2023 Exam Pattern, 150 MCQs have to be attempted in 2 hours. For every correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded and for every wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted. Check CLAT 2023 Exam Pattern
What is CLAT? CLAT is a national-level entrance exam. It is conducted by a consortium of NLUs for admissions to undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered by 22 participating NLUs. CLAT 2023 will be conducted in pen and paper mode.
CLAT 2022 Latest Updates
CLAT Counselling had commenced on July 19, 2022. The Consortium of National Law Universities has released five merit list for qualified candidates.
- A total of 56,472 candidates appeared in CLAT 2022. There were a total of 2644 seats for UG courses and 914 seats for PG Program.
- Candidates can check CLAT 2022 Seat Allotment list on the official website- consortiumofnlus.ac.in. Candidates whose name appear in the merit list can either accept the seat, apply for upgrade or withdraw themselves from further seat allotment process.
- CNLU has also released category wise cut off of each round for the participating NLUs. CLAT 2022 Cut Off is the minimum marks required by the candidate to be eligible for admission in participating NLUs.
CLAT 2023 Exam Dates
|CLAT 2023 Application Forms Start Date||August 8, 2022|
|CLAT 2023 Application Forms Last Date||November 13, 2022|
|CLAT 2023 Admit card Release Date||1st week of December 2022|
|CLAT 2023 Exam Date||December 18, 2022 (Out)|
|CLAT 2023 Answer key||December 19, 2022|
|Objection against CLAT 2023 Answer Key||3rd week of December 2022|
|CLAT 2023 Result||4th week of December 2022|
|CLAT 2023 Counselling||January 2023|
CLAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
CLAT 2023 Eligibility details will be released along with the official brochure. However, based on the previous year’s eligibility criteria the important details are mentioned below:
- There is no age limit to apply or appear for CLAT.
- NRIs, OCIs, PIOs & Foreign Nationals can also apply or appear for CLAT.
- Minimum marks in the qualifying exam required to apply for CLAT 2023 will be 50% for general category and 45% for reserved category candidates.
|CLAT UG||Qualifying Examination: Must have passed class 12th from a recognized institutionAge Limit: No upper age limitMinimum Marks: Must have secured at least 45% marks in the aggregate|
|CLAT PG||Qualifying Examination: Must have passed LLB from a recognized institutionAge Limit: No upper age limitMinimum Marks: Must have secured at least 55% marks in the aggregate|
CLAT 2023 Registration
To complete СLАT 2023 Registrаtiоn, candidates are advised to follow the below mentioned steps.
- Visit the official website of the Consortium of NLU’s.
- Start the application process through the official website.
- Enter your email address and phone number for registration.
- Log in to the site using the phone number and password.
- Enter your information carefully.
- Enter preferences among the 22 national law universities.
- Pay the required amount of application fees.
- Upload the important documents.
- Click on the Submit button.
- Take a printout of the application form for future reference.
CLAT 2023 Application Fees
|Previous Years Question Paper (not included with application fee)||INR 500|
CLAT 2023 Admit Card
CLAT 2023 Admit Card is an important document required during the time of examination. Without an admit card no candidate will be allowed to appear for the examination. Candidates are advised to follow the below-mentioned steps to download the CLAT 2023 Admit Card.
- Visit the official website.
- Login to the portal using your credentials.
- An option for downloading the admit card will appear on the screen.
- Click on the button.
- CLAT 2023 Admit Card will appear on the screen.
CLAT Exam Centers
CLAT 2023 Exam Centers
The exact list of CLAT 2023 exam centers will be displayed soon on the official website. Till that time candidates can check the list of previous year’s exam centers provided below. Also to check the complete list of CLAT exam centers.
|CLAT Exam Centres|
|Hubli / Dharwad||Puducherry||Rajahmundry|
CLAT Exam Pattern
CLAT 2023 Exam Pattern
CLAT 2023 Exam Pattern is mentioned below as per the official notification by CNLU.
|Category||UG program||PG program|
|Duration||2 hours||2 hours|
|Mode||Offline mode||Offline mode|
|Type of Questions||Objective-type, comprehension-based questions||Objective-type, comprehension-based questions|
|Number of Questions||150||120|
|Sections||English LanguageCurrent Affairs, including GKLegal ReasoningLogical ReasoningQuantitative Techniques||Constitutional LawOther Law Subjects, including Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR and Jurisprudence.|
|Total Marks||150 marks||120|
|Marking scheme||+1 mark for a correct answer. -0.25 marks will be deducted for an incorrect answer.||+1 mark for a correct answer. -0.25 marks will be deducted for an incorrect answer.|
CLAT UG Syllabus
CLAT 2023 UG Syllabus
CLAT 2023 Syllabus for UG examination is mentioned in the table.
|English||Passages, Reading, Comprehension, Inference and Conclusion, Summary, Vocabulary etc.|
|Current Affairs||Contemporary Events of National and International Significance, Art and Culture, International Affairs, Historical Events of significance|
|Legal Reasoning||Rules and Passages of Law, Application of the rules and passages, etc.|
|Logical Reasoning||Argument – Premise and Conclusion, Inference, Relationships and Analogies, Contradictions and Equivalence, etc.|
|Quantitative Techniques||Basic Algebra, Mensuration, Statistical Estimation, Graphs, Numerical Information, Ratio and Proportion etc.|
CLAT 2023 PG Syllabus
Find below the syllabus of postgraduate programs under CLAT 2023.
|Constitutional Law||Subject-wise and Judicial Power; Constitution of India: Framing, Doctrine, Executive Power; Constitutional Rights; Freedom Rights|
|Criminal Law||Elements of Crime, Group Liability, Abetment, Criminal Conspiracy, Exceptions, Attempt to Commit Offences, Offences Against Public Tranquility, Offences against Body|
|Torts||Classification of Torts, Trespass, Nuisance, Defamation, Liability for Misstatements, Negligence|
|International Law||Origin and Development of International Law and Bodies, International Law of Sea, Air, Land, Overview of International Law|
|Intellectual Property Rights||Nature, Definition and Scope of IPR, Trademarks Act 1999, Patents Act 1970, Copyright Act 1957, IPR in International Perspective|
CLAT 2023 Preparation
The following tips will assist the candidates in acing CLAT 2023.
- Go through the CLAT 2023 Exam Pattern before appearing for the exam.
- Solve as many mock tests as possible to excel in CLAT 2023.
- Analyze your mistakes.
- Focus on your time management skills.
- Learn to remain calm during extreme shortage of time.
CLAT Preparation Books
CLAT 2023 Preparation Books
The following table has been curated to assist the candidates in CLAT 2023 Preparation
|Name of Book||Name of the Author|
|A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning||R S Aggarwal|
|Analytical Reasoning (English)||MK Pandey|
|Fast Track Objective Arithmetic||Arihant Publications|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||Pearson’s|
CLAT 2023 Result
CLAT 2023 Result will be declared after the conclusion of the exam. The candidates are advised to follow the below-mentioned steps once the results are declared.
- Visit the official website.
- Locate and click on the link for CLAT 2023 Results.
- Log in to your portal using phone number and password.
- Check your details in CLAT 2023 Result.
- Download the result for future reference.
CLAT Participating Colleges
CLAT 2023 Participating Colleges
|List of CLAT Participating Colleges|
|National Law School of India University||National University of Study and Research in Law|
|National Academy of Legal Studies and Research||National Law University and Judicial Academy|
|National Law Institute University||Tamil Nadu National Law School|
|West Bengal National University of Judicial Sciences||Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University|
|National Law University Jodhpur||Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai|
|Hidayatullah National Law University||Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur|
|Gujarat National Law University||Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad|
|Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University||Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur|
|Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law||National University of Advanced Legal Studies|
|Chanakya National Law University||National Law University Odisha|